The Hong Kong Institute of Architects Biennale Foundation:
The Hong Kong Institute of Architects Biennale Foundation is a non-profit making organisation established and incorporated in 2014 for charitable purposes. The objects for which the Biennale Foundation is established are :
- To promote creativity and advance the understanding, appreciation and interest of architectural and design excellence
- To encourage cross-border and cross-disciplinary dialogue and collaboration between creative professionals from Hong Kong, Greater China region and overseas
- To support art, design, architectural and cultural education for students and youth, the community, and policy makers
- To create a favourable environment for study, research and experimentation of design, art and architectural works in an exhibition scale
- To energise and revitalise specific sites of interests by introduction of cultural and creative events
The Hong Kong Institute of Architects:
Established in 1956, HKIA aims to advance architectural education and practices in Hong Kong as well as to promote and facilitate the acquisition of knowledge of the various arts and sciences connected therewith. The Institute is committed to raising the standard of architectural creativity in Hong Kong, maintaining code of professional conduct among members, providing services to the public and nurturing architectural talents by offering courses and counsel in professional practice and practical experience in architecture. To take Hong Kong to the fore in international circle, HKIA is also actively engaged in various international union and council.
The Hong Kong Institute of Planners:
The Hong Kong Institute of Planners was officially established in 1978. It became a statutory body with the enactment of the Hong Kong Institute of Planners Incorporation Ordinance in 1991, and is responsible for the accreditation of town planners in Hong Kong. The objectives of the Institute include, but are not limited to: promoting and safeguarding development and the environment in Hong Kong in the best interests of the community; raising the status and safeguarding the interests of the town planning profession; and promoting the community’s awareness of the contribution of town planning. Since 2007, the HKIP has been a co-organis3er of the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Biennale.
Hong Kong Designers Association:
The Hong Kong Designers Association was founded in 1972. The Association is the first of its kind in Hong Kong, and is a design body to advocate public interest in design and higher professional status for practising designers in government, cultural, entertainment, commercial and industrial sectors, for full-time, part-time teachers and administrators on the academic side of design.